Study With Us
A Labor Of Love Bible Study Prepared by Pastor C. E. Hawthorne
Scripture Text: Revelation 3:10 AMP
The bad news is that we are living in trying times. Our faith is being tried. Our patience is being tried. A lot of people are dropping out of the Christian race. Not everyone who enters this race is crossing the finish line. The devil is busy throwing his fiery darts with the intent of keeping people from being able to testify,
“I fought a good fight and I finished the race” (2Tim. 4:7).
Yes, one might well send out a danger alert. These are not just trying times. They are also dangerous times. Anything dangerous could happen to anyone anywhere at any time. But this should not be cause for fear.
One of the best ways to handle fear is to find a safe hiding place. This is a lesson one may learn from reading Palms 27:1-4. Here the psalmist David confronts his fears. He exorcises his fears and exercises his faith. In so doing, he expresses his singular desire to dwell in the house of the Lord forever. Why? One may very well conclude that it’s because the house of the Lord is the safest place in the whole wide world.
- What does the Bible say about the truly saved (Mt. 10:22; 24:13)? What must the Christian soldier do to come off the battlefield of life a winner (2Tim. 2:3)?
- What part of the Christian’s armor is designed to repel or quench the fiery darts of the wicked one (Eph. 6:16)?
- What are some of the dangerous things do you see taking place in today’s society?
- What do you think it means to “exorcise” your fears?
- Do you view your church (or house of the Lord) as a safe place? How so?